Yesterday I updated the slackware kernel to 22.214.171.124. I picked up this version from the testing directory on the slackware’s ftp site.
The packages I needed were:
kernel-generic-126.96.36.199-i486-1.tgz kernel-modules-188.8.131.52-i486-1.tgz alsa-driver-1.0.11_184.108.40.206-i486-1
Apart from these I installed the source package also
After installing these packages using
I created the initrd image for the kernel.
mkinitrd -c -k 220.127.116.11 -m reiserfs
I added following lines in my lilo.conf
# vi /etc/lilo.conf image = /boot/vmlinuz initrd=/boot/initrd.gz root = /dev/hda2 label = Linux-2.6.16 read-only
# lilo -v # reboot
There is a seperate ALSA driver package for every slackware kernel and since I had already installed the required driver for the new kernel. I needed to run the
and any mixer program of choice like